Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kmanson478

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3542. It was working perfectly then all of a sudden the screen went black and the computer shut down. I plugged the charger in which the light on the adapter stayed green but the computer light didn't show it was charging. I also tried removing the battery, holding the power button for 20 sec, then plugging in the charger to turn on but it still didn't work. I ordered a replacement battery and charger and it still will not come on. Could it be the charging port needs replacing or could it be the motherboard?

jdcanfix

Jim
Hello Kmanson478
While your problem could be the mother board, the most probable cause is the port. On some Dells it is a small card that plugs into the mother board, others need to be soldered. Regardless the laptop will need quite a bit of disassembly for further diagnostics. If you are not confident at doing this then a repair shop would be your best bet. While the part is dirt cheap, labor is not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online