1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer woes!?!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by angelic60, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. angelic60

angelic60 Thread Starter

hi i am new to the forum so forgive me if i'm a little green i need some help with figuring out why my computer is out of control first my homepage gets redirected to other sites my system resources are being eaten up by something i get error message Microsoft Visual c++ Runtime LIBRARY
    WINDOWS/EXPLORER.EXE
    application has requested Runtime to terminate in unusual manner when i boot up it says it cannot find dllreg & vxdmgr or some of its components those files are there i checked this all started when i was surfing for games 2 days ago i am especially baffled by system resources being sucked up every 20 to 30 mins at a time any suggestions?

2. Miz

Miz

The first thing to suspect is spyware.

First, go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything that looks like it might be spyware. Newdot Net and Gator are common.

Then, since removing spyware should be a part of weekly computer maintenance if it has internet access, download, install, immediately update and then run Spybot and/or Ad-Aware. Read the help files to familiarize yourself with how they work. I recommend you use them both since each tends to find things the other misses. Let them clean up any spyware found.

If that doesn't fix the problems, the next culprit to suspect is a virus or viruses. If you don't have an anti-virus program installed, you can get a free one from Grisoft or you can use one of the free online scans you can find by doing a Google search for "online virus scan." Panda and Housecall are two I've used and can recommend.

3. angelic60

angelic60 Thread Starter

hi Miz i have done what you advised but am still getting same pop ups and errors i am totally frustrated!!??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221033

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice