1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won’t boot

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Helpmeplsibegofyou, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Helpmeplsibegofyou

Helpmeplsibegofyou Thread Starter

I went to overclock my gpu and make a stupid mistake and now my pc will not boot at all. It takes me to the recovery screen but will not recover

Attached Files:

2. Drabdr

Drabdr Moderator

First Name:
    Brad
    Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

I went ahead and moved to the Windows 10 forum. If this system isn't Windows 10, please reply here and I (or another moderator) can move it to the correct one.

3. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Please reset your bios back to defaults and see if it helps

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The above is good advise; first clear cmos with the clear jumper or [on some high end boards] a clear cmos button.
    Next no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post 500W pw supply; post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.
    Your system may have onboard/onchip video which will help find the problem however we have no idea IF you have this option.

There is NO safe overclock. All overclocking entails some degree of risk. I have a saying "Do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice