Computer won’t power on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KyleeH123

so about a year ago I built a pretty intense PC, for the first time.

Some of the specs are;

i5
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E
16GB of Ram (TRIDENTz)
1080ti
Evga 750GQ
Corsair Hydroseries H100i
970 EVO SSD
barracuda 3.5 internal HD 3TB

The cooling system failed about 3 months ago, causing extreme performance hinderance so I replaced it - PC was operational and no issues.

Last week, I shut it down for the night and when I woke up the next morning it would not so much as turn on.

The mb and gpu were lighting up (RGB and LED indicators) but that is it.

So I replaced the motherboard AND the power supply - still no boot.

My last idea is to replace the RAM? I’ve tried each stick in every single slot with no luck.

My other idea is that maybe the power button simply doesn’t work on my tower, the PC is receiving power (I can even charge my phone in the USB hub)

Running out of ideas and money, lol, any help would be SO APPRECIATED.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My first thought would be the CPU initially "damaged" - stressed when the cooling system failed and now itself failed
If you think it is the power button then either short the header on the board or if the board has a power on button use that

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online