1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer wont boot after SP2!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by andywarner72, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andywarner72

andywarner72 Thread Starter

Help! - I installed SP2, and now have a computer that won't boot. First problem was a USB powered scanner crashing it..Unable to start it in safe mode, it rebooted constantly during boot up process. Now having tried to re-install Windows XP, it just boots to a black screen.

I have a dual boot system and can boot to the second system, but that now crashes when I plug the USB modem, despite reinstalling drivers. I 've only managed to get on the net by digging out an old computer.

I've tried Recovery console getting two choices 1: C:windows or 2:G:windows
    Entering 1 does nothing , neither does any other key! :confused:

I think I got further once but was asked for a supervisor /administrator password yet have no passwords set on my computer according to info in 'setup'!.

Ideas, anyone?

tech spec: athlon xp2600, Asrock m'board, sagem b'band usb modem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!