Computer wont boot buy beeps twice continuously

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Th3shad0wstalk3r

Ive just installed a 4gb ram stick and it went to windows recovery so i rebooted it then it went to the same thing so i turned it off then removed the new ram and now my computer just beeps twice continuously and wont boot up would really appreciate the help

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi Th3shad0wstalk3r, and welcome to TSG.

Usually, anything other than a single short beep indicates that the motherboard failed its Power On Self Test (POST). The meaning of a given beep pattern depends on the exact brand and model number of the motherboard or the computer in which it is installed.

Th3shad0wstalk3r

Its too short quick beeps another post said it could be the power

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Could also be a memory failure. No way to know for sure without knowing what BIOS is running the motherboard.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If that's a factory-brand computer, advise us what brand name and model name and model number it is.
If that's a self-built computer, advise us what brand name and model number its motherboard is.

Also provide a description of that 4 GB module.

You haven't given us much to work with at this point.

---------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That's a DDR2-800(DDR2 PC2-6400) 4 GB module, so it's obvious your desktop computer is several years old.

That appears to be a Dell-branded motherboard, possibly in a Dell Inspiron 546 desktop.

Examine the labels/stickers on the case and look for a 7-character "service tag/serial" number.
Also look for a 11 to 12-character "express service code" number.

Advise us what they are.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Th3shad0wstalk3r

On another post i saw that someone took the graphics card out and pluged the VGA directly into the motherboard?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
No, that's not it.

Is that a Dell brand desktop?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online