Solved Computer won't boot from correct drive automatically

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

samlarente

Hi everyone I recently changed my primary boot drive to a usb from my sata 4 drive so I could reset my login password. then I changed my primary boot drive back to the sata4 drive it was originally on and now when I boot all I see is a black screen with a blinking dash. If I press f8 just after I turn on the computer it asks if I want to boot from sata3 or sata 4 picking sata 4 gives my the same problem picking sata3 makes the computer boot normally. I tried pressing "del" and changing my primary boot drive to sata 3 and it gives me the same problem.

plodr

Liz
You won't get people looking at this thread since you marked your thread as solved. Please remove the solved designation and more will look at the thread.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online