1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't boot no safe mode option

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by CarlyMac, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarlyMac

CarlyMac Thread Starter

My laptop was working fine 15 minutes ago until the battery died! Now it gives me error
    At boot up it says "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change may be the cause...."
    I have 2 option start normally - the screen goes black the nothing and the other one requires a disk I don't have
    There is no option to start in safe mode all I can access is the f2 and f12 menu options
    Please help
    Oh I only had my hard drive replaced brand new 6 months ago
    I'm using windows vista

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031329

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice