Computer won't boot! Please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

thewake

Hi All,

I have an old PC which had a broken CPU. I have transfered the HD to a new Tower which has it's own CPU, RAM, AGP Video card etc. However when I turn on the computer it does not boot up, I get the choice to start windows normally etc but whichever option I choose it still freezes. If I try safe mode it stops at gagp30kx.sys.

I read around a bit and thought I should try booting from a CD, however when I use my windows XP CD (which is what is on the HD), it loads drivers then hangs indefinately at "Starting Windows". I have tried changing loads of settings around in BIOS, and I have tried different RAM sticks to see if one was faulty. The only things connected in the tower are the CD Drive, HD, and the AGP Graphics card, so I can't even unplug anything else to boot it up on a minimal set up.

If anyone has any ideas as to how to boot up my computer I would appreciate it. Although ideally I would like to keep the contents of the HD, I would even accept a way to start from scratch, but I cannot get far enough in the windows setup to even install a fresh copy! Please help!!

Thanks,

Thewake

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online