1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Won't Boot - Status Code is 0xc000000f

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cptnrogers, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cptnrogers

Cptnrogers Thread Starter

My computer is no longer booting. It's my only PC with all my work on it and I don't have money to get it fixed.

It's Status Code is 0xc000000f.

I don't know what to do!?!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi, and welcome to TSG.

I found some general guidance on the Microsoft website here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-to-load/871e081c-9c5c-4439-8cc1-89731851f217

Do you have any recovery media or a recovery partition on the computer's hard drive?

I don't think anyone here can suggest any specific repair or recovery options without knowing the manufacturer and the exact and full model number of your computer and/or motherboard.

3. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    We'll need a bit more information. But if you have the installation media you can boot from it, select repair my computer and see if that can fix it.
    If you don't but know the operating system then you may be able to go to google and search for a microsoft download of X OS, where x is the version you use. You'll need the correct key to download it. And, be aware that most OEM versions are not supported. You'll have to get the media from the manufacturer.

AtlBo likes this.
  4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Any work that is important should always be stored at a 2nd location off the computer Hard drives die and when they do, either all files are lost or recovering through a data recovery service is very, very, expensive and no guarantee that everything will be recovered.

If you get the computer running, please spend some money and buy some USB sticks to copy important files to.

AtlBo likes this.
  5. Cptnrogers

Cptnrogers Thread Starter

Okay so my Computer is an HP Elitebook 8570p and had Windows 7 on it. I have a bunch of hard drives with a lot of my data already on them but most is still on the PC.

It worked fine until suddenly it just didn't. I had it off then turned it on one day and it gave that error code. I don't have a Windows disc or anything and I'm trying to avoid having to buy one as I don't have a lot of money to sink into it or I'd buy another computer.

Idk what could have happened or how I could go about getting windows back in without a disc. I have plenty of USB sticks and hard drives with the cases and USB plugs to use as external devices. I thought if I used a harddrvice with Windows on it that would work but it doesn't seem to. Also, the hard drvice are from old computers I took out myself.

It gives me Code 0xc000000f

It says I can try to run windows normally which does nothing but bring me back to error screen or I can try to repair which also does nothing and also takes me back to the error screen.

I have tried F8 to try the buolt in system repair but nothing happens and goes to error. I've tried everything Microsoft and Google have recxomenrec but nothing seems to work.

If I can get windows on a thumbdrive could I Install it that way? Idk how but I'd love to try ANYTHING that works. I'd like to not lose my data somehiw but if I have to lose it I guess I'll just have to. It'll set me back but I need this to work or I may be out of work.

If you need any more destils I'll do my best to provide them. Im just lost on what to do.

AtlBo likes this.
  6. valis

valis Moderator

'Worked until it didnt' is the story of my life which is why I ALWAYS keep backups of data I want to keep. If it isnt necessary I dont back it up.

I dont know that HP model but I would pull the hard drive and put it in an enclosure, grab the data (hopefully if the disk isnt dead) and go from there.

AtlBo likes this.
  7. AtlBo

AtlBo

If you can get access to a computer with your version of Windows (Home/Pro and 32/64 bit), you can burn the repair disk that way. At that point you have many options, including System Restore and also command prompt. You might be able to get a tech shop to burn you one for a reasonable price. Instructions for burning the disk:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02058933

8. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Unfortunately the OP mentioned
    so even that option is not available.

9. valis

valis Moderator

In that case take it to a local shop and have them do it.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice