1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't boot until restarted multiple times.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dineshnayak, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dineshnayak

dineshnayak Thread Starter

Hello.

My computer is 5 years old ( bought in 2008) and was completely healthy until a few months now.

Usually when I start my computer these days, the power turns on, fans run but the red light(which blinks when the computer runs) doesn't turn on and thus, it won't even start up the BIOS, stuck.

Even if the computer runs, whenever while doing some activity, my computer gets stuck-the screen stops showing any ongoing activity, like I hit a pause button or something..

Do I need the change the CMOS battery? Or is my harddrive aging?
    Please help.. :(

2. BigTobster

BigTobster

I realise that this is an unhelpful comment but it really could be so many things.

Personally, I would take various components out of the PC and try it in another PC (or vice versa) to try and isolate the issue.

Also might be worth a try replacing CMOS or at least removing it and putting it back again.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Cold boot problems are very often pw supply problems.
    First thing to do is to swap in a known good pw supply for testing. If you have the same problem with a known good pw supply, then move on to testing the hard drive with the drive maker's diagnostic.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!