1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer wont boot up completly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dragonhenti, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragonhenti

Dragonhenti Thread Starter

i dont know if this is the right place to but this problem but here go's my computer was was working fairly fine with a nothing to annoying wrong with it until the other day i turned it on a normal and it came up with "emachine" then went blank only to reboot on to the "emachine" screen and it continues to re boot like this i can accsess the set up but i dont think anythings wrong with that tho im guessing on that cos i ant no expert any help would be grateful and much appreciated :) thank you

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Give this article a try and please print it for reference and also you might think about backing up your data on the hard drive(s) by installing the hard drive(s) into another computer as slave drives and manually backing up using a file manager.

Langa Letter: XP's No-Reformat, Nondestructive Total-Rebuild Option http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189400897

3. Dragonhenti

Dragonhenti Thread Starter

i am unable to to the repare boot as this computer was from my dads old work place and altho he has the boot up cd he dont have the product key also i tryed anuther hard drive witch i is dose not boot up for sum reason but this time it did not boot up like it normaly did but kept reseting its self like the other harddrive so im guessing there might be sumthing else wrong then the hard drive i really dont know but thorught it might help to mention this :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487919

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice