Computer won't boot up on recovery disks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jerseygirl57

I've been trying to get my HP Pavillion Slimline s3220 to work. I used the recovery disks and ran the process but the computer won't come up to the desktop. The message say "Your system has detected a configuration error. Please report this to customer care. etc." The unit is out of warrantee and I'm sure I'll be charged a fee. I tried doing the same procedure again and hoping that would help, but it won't. I am looking for help, but am no computer expert. Thank you.

I used the recovery disks and ran the process but the computer won't come up to the desktop. The message say "Your system has detected a configuration error.
What process did you run? Repair, recovery?

Have you changed any hardware since it was new?

hi i had a look on hp site this is apparently a code purple no idea what that means and advice is contact hp,if you can tell RootbeaR the info he may have a suggestion

They may charge a small fee, but I got discs directly from HP for free after mine wouldn't work. They usually get them to you very fast as well. A day or two.

But first, did you change any hardware? That may make a difference for recovery or repair to work.

jerseygirl57

I didn't change any hardware. I hooked my digital camera to the computer, which I hadn't done before. This thing started to happen after I did the recent windows update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!