Computer won't boot up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Littlebuzzon

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 w/Windows Vista installed. I pressed the start button, heard the fans start, then they stopped. Then the fans started again and stopped. It did this 7 x's, on the 8th time the fans started, heard one beep, made some noise, then nothing happened. Black screen on working monitor. Any guesses?

Littlebuzzon

Thx for the quick reply. It's definitely not the fans. Sounds like a shudder(?). That might be the hd starting(I'm old, 60). I'm wondering why it take 8 x's (fans shutting on and off) before the hd tries to start. It's like trying to start your car after it's ran out of gas. It take time for the fuel to reach the engine before it cranks over. Maybe psu or BIOS Checksum error?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts