1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't boot up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rocknrollfreak, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rocknrollfreak

Rocknrollfreak Thread Starter

My mother bought me a wocom drawing tablet (I think that's how it's spelled) for my 16th birthday. Plugged it into my lenovo ideapad 330. walked away came back and went to turn my computer on thinking the screen times out only to have it stay on the Lenovo loading screen then went black with the loading circle(forget what it's called) still there and just stayed like that not changing. Tried to boot it in safe mode safe mode with networking and even a factory reset and it said it failed at soing all those things. Days later i saw it might be something with the BIOS settings went to change that (forget what it is now sorry) now when i try to start it up it pops up with with checking media_ than goes to an error screen that says "default boot device missing or boot failed." I went another forum and it told me to change the boot option from uefi to legacy and when i did that it popped up with another error that said "intel undi pxe-2.1 (build 083)" if anyone could help me figure out what to do i would be so thankful.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Since the trouble began after you plugged in the wacom tablet, have you unplugged it and try booting?

3. Rocknrollfreak

Yes i have tahts what i tried first and then went onto other options from there.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Download the MS Media Creation Tool. Run it to generate a Windows setup DVD / USB memory stick. Boot the generated media and on the second screen choose Repair.

5. Rocknrollfreak

Wait what do i download it to?

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

To another computer. If you don't have another PC, ask a friend to generate the media for you - you need to give him a blank DVD or a blank USB memory stick.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229032

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice