computer wont boot up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jimmy1625

hi can anyone help me,my computer keeps getting to the bit where its about to start windows xp(the blue screen) then automaticlly re-boots its self,it even does it in safe mode,can anybody give me some advice,cheers

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi...and welcome..
At start up tap..f8..into safe mode..select command prompt..type..scanreg/restore
Choose date before problem..not the oldest..
Let us know if that helps...

blues_harp28 said:
Hi...and welcome..
At start up tap..f8..into safe mode..select command prompt..type..scanreg/restore
Choose date before problem..not the oldest..
Let us know if that helps...
Huh? ScanReg ?? I thought it was an XP system... :p

jimmy1625 said:
hi can anyone help me,my computer keeps getting to the bit where its about to start windows xp(the blue screen) then automaticlly re-boots its self,it even does it in safe mode,can anybody give me some advice,cheers
Please re-verify, are you running XP or Win9X ?? If it's XP and are unable to get into Windows, do a "repair" installation using the XP cd-rom.

jimmy1625

its xp,how do i get to do a repair installation,i have tried putting my xp disc in again,cant seem to load it,is there a way of getting into when you push f8

jimmy1625 said:
its xp,how do i get to do a repair installation,i have tried putting my xp disc in again,cant seem to load it,is there a way of getting into when you push f8
You need to set the cd-rom drive as the first boot device in the BIOS in order to boot to the XP disc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online