Computer wont boot up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

solidwax

Hi, This is for a friends computer. They dropped the tower and now it wont boot up. Turn it on and it keeps making beep noises and the monitor wont turn on. Please help! Thanks.

Well first i'd find out what motherboard he has, and then try to boot up again, this time counting the beeps. The beeps represent POST errors. The number of beeps identifies the specific error, but you'll need to consult the motherboard guide for exact specifications. Most can be downloaded at manufacturer's websites. Probably just knocked loose a RAM chip or whathaveyou.

Triple6

Rob
I'd reseat the memory and the video card for sure. But I'd also recommend reseating or at least checking all the connections.

alot of the "beeps" can mean that something is loose inside the tower.....pull the power plug... take off the side,make sure u touch the metal of the case ( to disperse any static ) then methodically reseat all memory cards ..video card and push in all power molex connections

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online