1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mel88, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mel88

Mel88 Thread Starter

One day about a two weeks ago I turned on my computer and it had no sound. I tried to fix the problem by updating/reinstalling drivers, changing settings. The sound showed that it was working but I couldn't hear anything through my built-in speakers or my headphones. So I decided to reinstall windows. After I reinstalled windows there was still no sound! So I figured it was a hardware problem. So I open up my computer and did something stupid.
    I bought the computer used from a store a little over a year ago and it was custom made. It has two extra USB ports installed in the back (picture below) so I removed them and to make it easier to remove I removed the video card, I put the video card back in started the computer and the computer won't boot. Automatic repair starts up but everything I click on the computer says it can't do it! Not even reinstalling windows. I put everything back in the way it was but it still won't work but now I discovered that I get a black screen with a cursor and I've had this problem before! When I bought the computer to lower the cost I bought it without the video card it come with because I had a gtx 750 at home. Now when I got it home and put in the video card I got the black screen with a cursor! With the help of my brother we somehow fixed the problem but we don't know what we did! So any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Specs
    Intel xeon
    16 gb of ram
    GTX 750
    Windows 10 20190106_110958.jpg 20190106_110523.jpg 20190106_110427.jpg

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice