computer wont boot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ghaleon

what a mess...

yesterday my sony vaio laptop stopped recognizing one of my 256m sticks of ram.

today, I opened up the computer removed the ram and put it back in and rebooted.

it worked fine four a couple of hours (recognized all 512m) and then froze. Nothing would work, the mouse wouldn't even move.

so I turned it off, turned it back off and it froze while it was loading my desktop.

now, when I turn on the computer I get a black screen. the HD starts spinning but nothing else happends, no beaps or extra noises, just a black screen; there also don't seem to be any irregularities with the sound of the hard drive (a consistent spinning).

also, my cd drive responds (opens and closes).

I tried to hook it up to another monitor but had no luck.

I'd appreciate any help. I'm on a schedule for school work and need to have a working computer as soon as possible.

thanks for your time.

Ghaleon said:
what a mess...

yesterday my sony vaio laptop stopped recognizing one of my 256m sticks of ram.

today, I opened up the computer removed the ram and put it back in and rebooted.

it worked fine four a couple of hours (recognized all 512m) and then froze. Nothing would work, the mouse wouldn't even move.

so I turned it off, turned it back off and it froze while it was loading my desktop.

now, when I turn on the computer I get a black screen. the HD starts spinning but nothing else happends, no beaps or extra noises, just a black screen; there also don't seem to be any irregularities with the sound of the hard drive (a consistent spinning).

also, my cd drive responds (opens and closes).

I tried to hook it up to another monitor but had no luck.

I'd appreciate any help. I'm on a schedule for school work and need to have a working computer as soon as possible.

thanks for your time.
Sounds to me you are having the same problem that I was having. Your reason for the problem could be different. I would suggest you change your ram cards and see if that help if it doesn't you can bring them back to the store. Also check your video card. That was my problem. Also you need to check if your system is overheating.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts