1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't communicat with printer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cellodog, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cellodog

cellodog Thread Starter

I'm a little new at this so i'll try to explain enough to be comprehendable.

I have two computers on Windows 98SE networked through a Linksys 5 port switch. I have gotten the internet sharing and fill sharing working on both computers, but I have been having trouble getting the computers' print sharing to work.
    I have gone through and added Netbeui Protocals to both computers along with TCP/IP protocals and i have enabled the File and print sharing on all of those. I can see the printer and install the driver on the networked computer (the one not hooked directly up to the printer) but when i go and print, it comes up with the message that it is having trouble communicating with the printer and it never prints. (by the way the Printer is a Lexmark Z55). The port path is \\computer\lexmark, and from what i can tell that is right, the driver is also set to the Lexmark driver. So i don't have a clue what's wrong. Please Help me!!

Thanks a bunch!

2. Del

Del

Did you go to printers in the control panel, right click on the Lenmark and click sharing and share the printer?

3. cellodog

cellodog Thread Starter

I already had it set for to share the printer, without a password

also, when i try to printthere is a window that comes up saying this:

Lexbces
    This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice