1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't connect to monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheEvilq, Feb 19, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. TheEvilq

TheEvilq Thread Starter

Hello, so I have an Asus computer that I tried to switch the RAM and now it's not working. I restored it to the original RAM and that is also not working. The PSU is on, everything is on except the monitor. Help?

The specs are as follows; AMD a8-6500 processor, DDR3 6GB RAM, HDD 1tb storage, and an integrated graphics card.

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Hello and welcome to TSG!!

Is it possible that you may have inadvertently knocked something else loose? A cable from the PSU? The CPU (from pressure on the fan/heatsink)?

3. TheEvilq

TheEvilq Thread Starter

I just checked, everything is in place and properly put on.

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Perhaps unplug and reconnect any cables.

5. lynx1021

lynx1021

Did you change the ram while the power cord was plugged in?

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Even though something appears to be connected, it cannot hurt to reseat both atx and aux connectors.
    Next as lynx1021 has posted, did you do the ram swap with the system still plugged in?

How to properly install or remove ram;
    1 System OFF, remove the pw plug
    2 Press the ON button 2~3 times to remove any residual pw from the pw supply capacitors
    3 Now open the case and remove or install your ram
    4 Replace the pw cord and side cover
    5 Pw ON and make sure ram is detected, speed is correct, etc

Failure to follow the above procedure can result in ESD. ALL modern motherboards have pw applied even when the system is OFF.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice