1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't Detect Nvidia Geforce 730 Graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boktilious, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boktilious

Boktilious Thread Starter

HELP. I tried uninstalling old nvidia drivers. When I put my new one in, there wasn't an old graphics card in place. I tried youtubing possible solutions. I'm considering taking my pc the best buy so they can hook it up, but I don't wanna spend more money. The power watts meet it's standard. I had to buy a new one. I KNOW it's in the right place inside, but my computer won't detect it. The PNY software DVD won't detect it. It says not found. I understand that you have to install a diver that's compatible, and I tried that, but it says checking system... and then It can't find it! It's been months. I uninstalled every nvidia driver or thing on my computer, which now makes my screen look small, which is really annoying. please help!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You need to tell use more about your computer, what is the make and model of it, what is the model of the motherboard, what is the model of the power supply? What version of Windows?

Is it the Geforce GT 730 you bought or something else? What is the intended use of the new graphics card?

And what graphics card or GPU did you have before adding this card?

Do you have the monitor connected to the new graphics card or do you by chance still have it connected to the integrated graphics that many computer have? It needs to be connected to the new card before turning the computer on.

Have you made sure the card is seated fully in the slot?

Have you tried using the latest drivers from the NVidia website: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Do you have access to another computer to try the card to make sure its not defective?

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Further to the above from my colleague
    I see it is a PNY card but as my colleague has asked
    which 730 from PNY as there are a few models and the Nvidia aspect of course is the GPU chip

Would this by any chance be your system
    PC model: HP Pavillion p6802
    Motherboard: N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix)
    CPU: AMD Athlon II x2 270 processor (2 CPUs) 3.4GHz
    Memory: 4 gigabytes gddr3 ram

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!