1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't display but turns on help me plz

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jada2398, Aug 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jada2398

Jada2398 Thread Starter

Ok to start off I have a HP pavilion elite HPE-000
    Ok so here's the story my mom hasn't turned her computer on in like 6 years and finally turned it on 2 days ago and it turns on and everything fans run graphics card runs also but no beeps no display nothing
    Now I have tried to take ram out place it back in ,replace the rams,check crords place display cord it both parts ,remove graphics card and turn on, reset the bios .....so now I have no idea whats worng or what to do so please help me if possible !?!? Thank you c:

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    could be the graphics card which may be defective.
    6 years stored can happen too many things like insects or ants bitting on something inside the computer.

3. C141

C141

Is the monitor being used also stored away for 6 years?

4. Jada2398

Jada2398 Thread Starter

No I have been using the monitor the whole time and it still works I use the same monitor on 2 different computers so it's not the monitor

5. Jada2398

Jada2398 Thread Starter

But I took it out still nothing and tried it without the graphics card but no beeps and no display

6. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Check this video for trouble shooting:

7. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    There are numerous models of the HP Pavilion Elite HPE-000 Desktop PC, so we need to determine which one you have.
    What's the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) on yours?
    Does it have all of its original hardware, or has any been added or replaced?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  8. kenbok51

kenbok51

If the graphics card is OK and your system also has on-board video at the back of the box where the motherboard connections are, you may be trying to get video from the wrong connector. You say you removed the video card, does that mean you connected the monitor to the motherboards on-board video and still got no picture? In the bios there should be a setting for which video the system should use first. If you reset the bios to defaults that would probably set the video to on-board. Look in the bios for settings for the proper type of card you have or set it to on-board and connect the blue VGA from the monitor to the motherboards connector not the card. If the monitors connector is DVI you might need a VGA to DVI converter for the on-board video connection unless the board has both VGA and DVI directly off the mobo.

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Explain how you managed to do that without a display!
    I suspect you left out a few things.

10. Jada2398

Jada2398 Thread Starter

I reset from the inside of the computer

11. Jada2398

Jada2398 Thread Starter

The thing is it doesn't display at all or beep I reset the computer from inside the computer and nothing happened I plugged it in the main blue port and the graphics blue port nothing took out the graphics card then plugged it in the blue port again nothing

12. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You haven't replied to any of the questions in post #7.

---------------------------------------------------------------

13. Jada2398

Jada2398 Thread Starter

I'm sorry about the late reply but the exact stuff is
    SN:MXX1150QDJ
    PN: BV542AA#ABA
    Yes all the original hard ware is inside I did replace the ram with Same ram just new but didn't work no beep codes either . Also the computer hasn't been turned on in 6 years but it turns on fans run graphics card runs just no display on screen

14. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Might be a motherboard issue. You may need to replace it but would prefer to buy a refurbished one instead of spending too much money on trying to fix it but that is up to you to decide.

15. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    According to that serial number, you have THIS HP Pavilion Elite HPE-570f Desktop PC.
    It was purchased in June 2011 and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and came with this hardware:
    Foxconn H-RS880-uATX (Aloe) motherboard
    mobo.JPG

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20 GHz 6-core processor (uses 125W)
    8 GB of DDR3-1333 RAM
    2 TB SATA 5400 rpm hard drive
    DVD+/-RW SATA disc drive
    AMD Radeon HD 6770 1 GB graphic card (uses 108W)
    gpu.JPG

WinTV-HVR-1255 TV tuner card
    Ralink RT3090 wireless mini-card
    15-in-1 memory card reader
    460W power supply
    Where exactly is the monitor connected to that desktop?
    Is it connected to one of the motherboard ports or to one of the graphic card ports?

--------------------------------------------------------------

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1194973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice