1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer wont find device !! ;-(

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by jlAlis, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlAlis

jlAlis Thread Starter

Hi, i am a little frustrated. I have sgh-t659 and bought a new data cable from t-mobile store this morning to upload my videos.
    For some reason, my laptop wouldnt be able to find my phone after i connected the usb cord.

It came without disc. And its an samsung as well.

However, i tried 4 more computer. My laptop, the desktop at home and so on...
    I called t-mobile, and that lady said to buy a memory crad and insert it to the computer!!

great, but what sthe purpouse of buying a data cable then? Besides, i dont want a card!

So a friend told me to look up google to download the driver..

Now i hope, you guys can help me out. Where do i look and what shall i look for?
    please for free, i go nuts everything i was looking up, i end up downloading programs they find out WHAT drivers are up to date and which aren't.

please please what can i do? they must be a download for that little problem, right??
    thx, alisha:eek:

2. amadeus-salvador

amadeus-salvador

JlAlis,

If the phone did not come with the supporting sync software to make it work, then I don't see how it can work. These are not plug and play devices (Wouldn't life simplier if they were?) I have been using PDA and SmartPhones since the old Palm devices, and I always needed the software to work with the device. You need to go to the Samsung website and download the necessary software for the phone. What is the model of the phone?

If that is not option, than you need to simply pull the memory card out of the phone and plug it into the card reader. That will work to a point. You can put music and video on more quickly this way than through the USB cable, however, you cannot sync or load contacts with your apps.

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

The phone is a plug-and-play device.

1.From the standby screen, press the left soft key for Menu
    2. Select Settings (4)
    3. Select Personalized (1)
    4. Select Phone Settings (3)
    5. Select USB Mode (4)
    6. Highlight either Samsung PC Studio, Ask on Connection or Mass Storage, using the navigation keys
    7. Press the left soft key to Save the USB Mode Setting

(Use "Mass Storage" if all you want it to do is appear in Computer as a drive so you can transfer files.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice