1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't get past black screen after showing PC brand logo.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Vertigo9907, Nov 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vertigo9907

Vertigo9907 Thread Starter

I'm having some serious troubles with my main PC, my gaming PC, and it's really messing things up for me.

I was just parusing around like usual on my computer, it runs Windows 7, and I allowed it to download the usual updates and restart itself. When it shut down and began restarting, I notice that it loads up the logo, briefly flashes what I think is called a Bios Post page, and then goes to a page that is nothing but a blinking "__" sign. It does nothing here, won't continue, and I can't enter or do anything. It just endlessly blinks, before disappearing and the computer screen shows nothing but black.

Can I get some help here? I'd really appreciate it. .___.

2. TekTime

TekTime

Have you tried to start in "Safe Mode" to see what happens? (Pressing F8 repeatedly immediately upon booting).

3. Vertigo9907

Vertigo9907 Thread Starter

It won't get that far. I tried, and it just continues and goes to the endless screen with the blinking "__"

4. Hughv

Hughv

Boot to your OS or recovery disk and run start up repair.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice