1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer wont go in safemode

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sind150, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sind150

sind150 Thread Starter

i cleaned my computer to free up some space.tried to put faster ram sticks in but didnt work then put old ram sticks back in.and now it just starts and goes to the blue screen of death..i got it into safemode once and used system restore after that was done it wouldnt do anything but go to the blue screen.ive tried pressing f8 so many times but nothing.i push f5 an goes to a menu to run windows vista os or push f8 to goto advanced menu options but just starts and goes to blue screen.may i get a little help please i really need this computer to be back working.:(

2. vicks

vicks

Welcome to TSG forums!!!!
    The first thing I would do is to double check to make sure the ram sticks are properly seated.
    Since you are new to this forum, you may not know that this site is 'manned (womanned)' by all volunteers and it may take a bit for you to resolve the problem Just be patient with us and we will try to help you work through this...
    Post back and let us know how it goes after you check the ram...
    GOOD LUCK
    vicks

3. sind150

sind150 Thread Starter

i double check the ram sticks took them out and pushed them back in until they auto-locked back in.restarted and still the blue sceen.ive also tried unplugging the computer and removing the cmos and waiting 15mins then putting it back.

4. huggie54

huggie54

hiya,can you get your task manager up,CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice