1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Wont Go Passed past Manufacturers Screen HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrazyAdam, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyAdam

CrazyAdam Thread Starter

Hello,
    Well its nearly Christmas :eek: and i have bought allot of things to help my pc be in the best shape.
    My computer is a Compaq Presario SR1000 with 512mb ram, i recently have upgraded it to windows 7 home edition and it worked fine until i done a update, which gave me aero effect ect. When the computer was still working i plugged in a usb device, which can out as USB not recognised. so i unplugged it. i unplugged all of my usb's then I was on movie maker and saving a movie and suddenly my computer froze, i couldn't press crtl alt del because it had complete frozen. So i just held in the button until it shut down. 10 secs later i tried to boot my computer. It was stuck at the manufacturer screen Compaq, I've tried pressing the buttons to help me get on to bios and none of the buttons are working. Considering i know allot about computers. I've tried removing the ram and see if the motherboard was ok by leaving the ram out and turning the computer on. As expected it bleeped. so i put my ram in another socket and yet again the same happend it wouldn't go past the boot screen. so i tried the cmos restart, that also failed. I've tried removing the usb sockets, hdd, CD-ROM and its still on that bloody screen! I need advice, I've well and truly tried my best!
    Now i need to leave it to an expert that can give me advise can you do it!
    Please save my christmas!
    Thanks Adam

PS I CARNT GO INTO SAFE MODE OR ANYTHING! IT WONT DO ANYTHING BUT THAT STUPID SCREEN!

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    All i can say is i dont know how you can even run windows 7 properly on 512mbs of ram.I would see what the maximum amount of ram can be put in the computer and go from there first.To run windows 7 you need at least 1g of ram or more.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice