Computer won't let me boot ubuntu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Albatrosz

specifications:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200801233646.000000+330
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 917 GB (769 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 033HWX, ver A00, s/n /FW9NDL2/CNWSC0086F01FI/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n FW9NDL2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

above mentioned are my laptop's specification...when I try to boot from my pendrive which has ubuntu mate 18.04 iso which has been copied properly with rufus...I see the option of booting from the pen drive when I select that it starts to boot from their and I get in there properly but as soon as I click install ubuntu mate it freezes and couple of minutes later I see a black window with my cursor blinking...I have been trying hard to find out the problem but I appear to have no luck with this at all..Please help me!

If you are trying to test out Ubuntu, and have not used it before, it is advised to buy a cheap $40 SSD 256 GB to and install it to that. (unplugging the Windows drive) Windows does not get along with the Linux bootloader GRUB. And when you try to remove Linux and Grub, things can go wrong and you won't be able to access Windows.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Unplug that USB thumb drive, then restart that Dell.
Does Windows 10 load okay?

Your 2-year old Dell Inspiron 15 3567

--------------------------------------------------

Albatrosz

If you are trying to test out Ubuntu, and have not used it before, it is advised to buy a cheap $40 SSD 256 GB to and install it to that. (unplugging the Windows drive) Windows does not get along with the Linux bootloader GRUB. And when you try to remove Linux and Grub, things can go wrong and you won't be able to access Windows.
thank you I will try that option....but the point is the system does not even let me use darik's boot and nuke

plodr

Liz
What device are you trying to use Darik's Boot and Nuke on?

managed

Allan
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What happens if you select 'Try Ubuntu' instead of 'Install Ubuntu' ?

How are you trying to run DBAN, from Windows ? From a boot device, or what ?

Do you want to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows ?

Albatrosz

What happens if you select 'Try Ubuntu' instead of 'Install Ubuntu' ?

How are you trying to run DBAN, from Windows ? From a boot device, or what ?

Do you want to dual-boot Ubuntu and Windows ?
if I select try ubuntu it still stucks and I am trying from a boot device created from that rufus app
No, I do not wish to dual boot windows and ubuntu

Albatrosz

in both cases it gets to a point where I can select options but as soon as I click anything the whole system freezes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online