Solved Computer won't let me delete documents

PabloMontoya

There are 2 text documents my laptop won't let me remove. (I am running Windows 10.)

The error message I get is: "An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting this file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running."

However, I have already tried deleting these files with the cloud provider open, and have already successfully deleted these files from the cloud.

Open a command prompt by right click on it and choosing Run as Admin. Then type in "chkdsk /f" . This will check your disk for corruption.

Find Command prompt in the Start menu , it is under System, right click on it then choose Run as Admin from that right clicked list of choices.

PabloMontoya

It says it has to restart first. I really just wanted info on how to delete the files, not to see if they are corrupted

PabloMontoya

Updated windows, then opened onedrive from the app, and deleted it them from the desktop in the app

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You never said that it was on OneDrive, this may have helped in the beginning.

PabloMontoya

I mentioned a cloud provider. I had previously tried deleting it from OneDrive by accessing OneDrive through a web browser, but that didn't allow me to delete it from the desktop. Had to use the app apparently. Anyway, figured it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online