1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Wont Load up frozen start up screen RAM problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kammy, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kammy

kammy Thread Starter

hey guys well i have had this issue for a while
    Computer specs (Desktop) PackardBell Istart 2311 with 3gb RAm (two matching pairs x1gb and 2 original 512mb in)

okay so i had my computer turned off for two weeks and came back to it and turned it on it came up on to the packardbell screen frozen i took it off and turned it back on it loaded vista until it crashed again and now when i load it up it just stays on the same screen packardbell screen it seems its frozen, so i checked out stuff on it and was advised by a techy its the internal hard d rive thats failed i need a new one i have purchased a western digital 640gb and installed that i had the same issue until i took out all the ram and put back and it started to work what i relaised later is that my old seagate 160gb hdd drive works too.

but issue now is that the computer still freezes ive checked all my ram they seem like they all work and load up i the first slot

well i checked out all the ram slots when i put them in it all works until i put in 4th slot any ram it makes beeping sound i have tried everything and yes im putting it in right if it works with all the ram in it crashes after a while i assume its the forth slot but now it doesnt accept ram in the forth slot why does my computer freeze on

heres a example of what my start up screen looks like

( http://www.hardwarezone.com/img/data/articles/2008/2750/Packard_Bell_BG46.JPG )

its beocming annoying and wasting money as technicians are money grabbers and dont solve probs :(

please help

sorry for long post

2. joeten

joeten

Hi sorry you seem to have a poor impression of techs lets hope we can help you and possibly change that, 2 things come to mind,the slot is bad ie damaged in some way or the ram is,when you tested the ram in the slot did you try only 1 stick, try 1 of the others in it if it works ok then it is the ram that is the problem,if not then it is the slot,you can run with 1 less stick of ram,also check that the ram all matches as this would throw up a similar problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915680

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice