1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't play DVD using either Windows Media Player or VLC

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by GrumpyAnimal, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GrumpyAnimal

GrumpyAnimal Thread Starter

Hello all,

I've just bought the DVD set "The Dark Knight Trilogy" and had intended to play the discs on my desktop PC. However, the 2nd disc (The Dark Knight) won't play on either Windows Media Player or on VLC (2.05).

I have received the following message on Media Player: "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card."

My desktop runs Window Vista Home Professional (32 bit) and my DVD Drive is appropriately set (Region 1). And, according to my machine, all my drivers are up to date.

BTW, I also have a laptop (Toshiba) running Windows 7 Home Basic (64 bit) and the disc also won't play on that one.

The computers recognize the disc and I can explore what's inside but that's about it.

I do have a collection of Region 1 DVDs so I am quite stumped on this one as this is the first time this has ever happened.

Many thanks for your help.

2. C141

C141

3. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

There is a moral to this story but it goes against this forums T&C's to say it.

It's very sad when paying customers who support the hard work talented people put in to making films and games end up ripped-off with 2nd rate shoddy products.

4. C141

C141

You'd think if disc 1 & 3 of the trilogy play just fine, disc 2 would also. Wonder what Warner Brothers was thinking when they released this. As you said matthewdownloads "paying customers that support the work of talented people end up being ripped-off by shoddy products."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice