1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer wont post

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by computerwiz5, Jan 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. computerwiz5

computerwiz5 Thread Starter

My computer doesnt even turn on. I went to the local repair store and they tried to see why my computer isnt posting. it was posting a few days ago but now it doesnt. They tried a different Video card, memory,processor, everything. They even trid the components on a other computer and it worked. i think its the motherboard. Theur wasnt a dip switch on my mobo, it a GA-7VAXP. So i took out the battery for 30 minutes, it still didnt work.

What should i do know. I got my mobo from googlegear and i think the warrenty is gone., I got it on 11/19 so its a 15 day period so thats gone. Or if it has a manufactors warrenty.

What should i do??????????

please reply soon. thanks in advance

and i know the mobo is getting power becasue the ram led is on.

2. computerwiz5

I called gigabyte and i had to leave a message, i know that their tech support is horrible, i still dont get it.

3. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Hi there -

When you say "they tried the components on another computer", do you mean they removed YOUR components and tried them (video/ram/CPU) and their system posted?

Have you unplugged everything but the video, ram and floppy and tried it that way?

:)

4. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Also - what CPU do you have configured in the system?

When it posted before, did you experience any problems (random reboots, etc.)?

5. computerwiz5

they tried the components on another system and i did do that already.

Well first the bios said my amd 2000 was on 1250 mhz but i swiched the fsb to 133 to equal 1.67 mhz.

6. computerwiz5

It was working a few days ago when i attempeted to tey to install the Os but it locked up for some reason and then it happened 2 times and then i tried it again and it didnt even turn on.

7. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Are you certain the voltage is set correctly for the CPU?

8. computerwiz5

I have no idea i think its on auto iand i cant go into the bios becasue it doesnt work

9. Yankee Rose

Yankee Rose

Some motherboards have jumpers that you have to set in order to get the voltage right for the CPU. Do you have the manual for the mobo?

10. computerwiz5

yes i have the manuel for it, if ou ant you can look at it on the gigabyte site

11. computerwiz5

do u know how to reset the CMOS

12. bubbalouie

bubbalouie

I've been using Gigabyte mainboards for quite a while and have found them to be basicaly a rock solid board. However I have had a couple of problems with the model board you have. Before you start changing things around switch the jumpers on the mainboard back to 100 instead of 133, If the machine takes off then and runs the problem is in the board.

Twice now with this model board I've had this, I just returned the board to my supplier and installed the new board and everything was fine. If I remember correctly they have a year warranty on the board, even more so if this is a known problem with this model board. Better give your vendor a call.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice