Computer won't powerdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Speakersrock

Hi, When I shutdown my computer it shutdowns normally, But then instead of powering down and turing itself off, It says 'It is now Safe to turn off computer.'
Can anyone please tell me how to get the computer to automatically power down after shutdown, rather than me pressing the button.
Thanks.

Speakersrock

I'm running win 2000. How would I go about enabling the soft switch?

P.s thanks for quick replies

you computer is not set up correctly with ACPI, follow theses steps (works on XP)

. Open Control Panel, and then double-click System.
2. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
3. On the View menu, click Show Hidden Devices.
4. Expand Non-Plug and Play Drivers.
5. Do either of the following:

In the NT APM/Legacy Support branch of the device tree, you will see the item NT Apm/Legacy Interface Node. It will show a red X to indicate that it is disabled.

Right-click NT Apm/Legacy Interface Node, and then click Enable.

After you follow these steps, Windows will shut down correctly.

link here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810903

Speakersrock

Thanks, I have now resulved this problem with the link to the microsoft support website. Thanks again for advice

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online