Computer won't read CD disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Salaba

This is lengthy but please bear with me. Computer won't read a CD disk w/numerous files that has always worked before. I don't use any CD program, just put the new disk in, click on Drive F, format it & that's it. Then I either drag a file onto the disk or do a copy & paste, close the session, wait till it's done & eject.

I downloaded a disk w/numerous files, the sound of the disk in the drive was immediately different, not a running sound but a kerplunk sound as it made the revolutions, green light was flashing so it was reading something but it took very long to download, did not show the name of the disk in drive F, showed a couple of files that were not even on there to begin with & stated that files needed to be burned. I never asked the files to be burned in the first place, I just download & save them. Disk just keeps going & going.

Isobuster shows exactly what is on the disk but I can't retrieve the files. I reformated the disk & now it runs fine. This has happened twice in the last month or so.

Am I doing something wrong, is it the disks, the computer???
Thank you for your help:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online