computer wont read mpeg-2 files? HELP!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

darrenleefox

Hello. I have recorded some tv programmes with my dvd recorder and it always does so in MPEG-2 format. But when i pop the disc recorded disc into my laptop, windows does not detect the file, it detects the disc but show up nothing for it which means it wont let me convert it. I want to actually convert the file into an mp4 so i can put the things i recorded on my ipod for when i go away on holiday. Do i need some sort of code which allows windows to read the files on the disc? cheers

darrenleefox

its sorted now, turned out i didnt 'finalise' the disc so windows could detect the contents so i could convert it. thanks though : )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online