computer wont recognize external.. please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newmand

i have a toshiba satellite a505 laptop and i was using my external 2 days ago and now for some reason it wont recognize.. i am really computer stupid but one of my buddies said the driver is gone or something like that.. the external works fine just wont recognize... please help

Hi Newmand,
It is probably a driver issue. You could try to system restore to the point it was still working (2 days ago). Let us know more about your OS and external, maybe we can help more :D

dustyjay

Jay
Is this an Extrernal Hard drive, Optical Drive, Floppy Drive? Also giving us the Manufacturer and Model Number would be helpful. If a Hard drive installed in an external case add the Case Information as well as the Manufacturer and Model number of the Hard drive.

Try finding drivers for your hardware. Either search your proucts name and make on the internet or if you can find your external in device manager you could try updating from there (start > run> type: sysdm.cpl> click "hardware" tab then device manager).
If your external came witha disk that will probably have drivers on as well, though i find it best to use the internet.

If new drivers don't work could use some more information, for example like dusty asks; external what? what operating system?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online