Computer wont shut down

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

72Blazer

My friend put in some new RAM in my computer and it did not install properly the first time. A message came up and he clicked OK. Now when I try to shutdown my computer it just restarts. I have no clue what happened, if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

After installing RAM the first thing should be switch on the PC and go into BIOS settings. This will be by quickly pressing DEL or F2 or F12 key before the windows logo starts up. Then in the BIOS menus goto the screen that lists the memory. Make sure it correctly shows the new/larger memory. Then take the option to SAVE SETTINGS AND EXIT. After this BIOS setup please try Windows again and see if issue shutting down is resolved?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online