1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer wont start makes beeping sounds

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iNeedPirates, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iNeedPirates

iNeedPirates Thread Starter

Hi I have a computer in my house that need's help. It was running ok except for the fact that it would sometimes restart a few time's before I could get logged into an account and going online I had to use internet explorer no add on's other then that it turned on a ran rather smoothly. But after running windows update which had 68 updates it no longer starts. When trying to start it it doesn't show anything on the screen the tower just makes a beeping noise and then the fan starts running really loud it beeps like 4, or 5 times and then nothing but fan running really loudly can be heard with the light flashing. It's a dell not sure what model. I can put up any of the logs since it wont work whatsoever any help would be appreciated thanks guys !

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I do know that dell computers have beep codes to help you figure out the problem. i had only one dell tower beep and it had a bad ram module.it could be bad ram or a failing fan because the computer needs cleaned out of dust and dirt.

3. Amd_Man

Amd_Man

What make and model Dell? Have you added any hardware?

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

There will be a group of orange/green lights on the back that will indicate what the problem is.
    It will help if you give us the Dell service tag off the bottom. That will let us identify the machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice