1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't start, no video/sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ShutUpUPlay2Much, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShutUpUPlay2Much

ShutUpUPlay2Much Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I would like help on my HP Pavilion m7580n. It's not starting up a all, no sound or video. There has been a couple of situations before where only video wouldn't come up and sound would. After sometime it would start working on it's own. Anyway, before, I believe the video card burned out, and then I started to use the integrated video card and that doesn't work either now. Last time I remember, I was playing Halo or something, and my computer crashed and took me to the blue screen of death. Now there are no beep codes coming from it, so is it possible that the motherboard fried or something? Please help me out because I would like this computer working again, for I have some pretty important files on it, and I need to get to them asap. Thanks, and appreciate it! :)

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I would be more apt to believe a power supply than the Motherboard. HP tends to use Bestec Power supplies in thier systems. If you have access to another power supply you would jump that in in place of the original power supply to test the system.

3. ShutUpUPlay2Much

I'll see if I can work something out, but, even if the power supply had a problem, then would the system light come up? Because the power light comes on, but I think you're right because it was giving me signs before, and now I guess the sign hit hard.

4. ShutUpUPlay2Much

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The presence of a few lights and Fans woorking, CD drawers opening does not mean the power supply is providing the necessary power to run the Motherboard.

6. ShutUpUPlay2Much

That is also true, I guess I will look into buying a power supply.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice