computer won't start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevruckus

Weird
After leaving my computer on for a while I found it frozen on just a blue screen. I could not turn it off and had to unplug it. Each time I tried to restart it, the blue screen happened before I could properly shut it down. Each time I would have to unplug the computer as the power button and restart button have no effect. After doing this a couple of times (plugging in, starting up, and having to unplug again) my computer eventually ceased to turn on. Now when I press the power button, my computer makes that initial "beeep" sound it makes when it starts up and keeps on beeping. Eventually, I have to unplug the computer but it never starts up. Please help.
Thanks.

The first thing I would do is remove and reinsert everything attached to the main board--memory, modem, sound card, video card, hard disk, floppy, CD-ROM drive, etc. (both ends of the cables on all drives) Then I would try again. If this doesn't help, I would then exchange the video card for another and turn it on again. Next step would be to disconnect and/or remove all peripheral devices, including add-in cards, hard disk, floppy, and CD-ROM drives and see if it turns on then.

Of course Windows will not start; but, this will tell you if the problem is related to one of the peripherals or possibly to the power supply or main board.

If you don't feel competent to be stirring your internal organs as suggested, forget all I wrote above. These are just the steps I would take if it were sitting on my work bench.

Try swappinn in and out some ram. Sounds like a ram failure..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.