Computer won't Start up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

loony_taz00

When I shut down my computer and then try to start it back up the HDD light stays on solid. and nothing happens... the monitors switches to power saving mode..... So i Shut it off.. try it again and it still does it.... so i try it again and it works... It always seem to work on the third try.... Is it trying to tell me somthing?

If requested i will post system specs if needed.

What computer? Some specs would help us help you. Is this a branded computer or self built? What operating system? Checked inside to make sure there is no dust build up and all fans are running?

loony_taz00

Its a home built computer.... Was working perfectly before just started doing this.

Motherboard : ASrock 533
RAM: DIMM3 512mb pc133 SDRAM
DIMM4/Kingston 128MB pc100 SDRAM
Hard Drive: Maxtor 6E040L0 40 gig
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHz

Need any more?

photolady said:
What operating system? Checked inside to make sure there is no dust build up and all fans are running?
Looney,

Maybe she's waiting for you to answer the rest of her questions, and check the inards as requested?

It's probably trying to tell you need to do some maintenance, but without knowing what your computer specs are or what operating system you're running, it will be hard for us to tell what's wrong.

Check that the power and ide cables are firmly seated to the hd.
Wouldn't be a bad idea to do a scandisk to...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts