Solved Computer wont start

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PremixedDoge

So my computer will start but nothing will boot up on the monitor. It looks like everything is receiving power to it but after a few seconds it just resets. It does this repeatedly until I turn off the psu. I was wondering if i have a part that's faulty. I'm still pretty new to this so I'm not sure what could cause this. Thank you in advance for any help.

PremixedDoge

Sorry I forgot to list my specs.
I7 4790k
2×8 GB corsair ddr3 ram
Msi Z97A gaming 7 motherboard
Valens 80+ gold 600w psu
GTX 1060 gpu

Last edited:

managed

Allan
Has it worked ok in the past ? Do you have another PSU you could try ?

PremixedDoge

It has worked fine up until today and I was actually thinking it could be the psu but I don't have another one I can try. I'll look around and try and find one or buy a replacement before anything else.

PremixedDoge

Thank you for the link. I went with the option to build my computer outside of the case and learned that the case was short circuiting the motherboard.

managed

Allan
Perhaps you had a standoff in the wrong place, I would check that first. Each standoff should be under a screw hole in the motherboard.

PremixedDoge

The standoffs were all in the right place. I went ahead and got a new case and I haven't had a problem with it yet

managed

Allan
The standoffs were all in the right place. I went ahead and got a new case and I haven't had a problem with it yet
That's great. :)

(when you're sure it's fixed please mark this thread Solved with the button at the top of your webpage).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online