1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't turn off, and it won't turn on either

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Photopilot, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Photopilot

Photopilot Thread Starter

Just got a new to me P3 computer up and running. Sometimes during star up it does not recognize the PS2 keyboard. Which makes it hard to go into my password protected User ID. When trying to shut down it will keep a few things running like some fans and the CD drive. But it does not sound like the Hard Drive is spinning.

If I use the XP to shutdown it goes into this limbo stage of neither off nor on, same goes for the power button on the front of the computer. It will either start up the computer or turn it to the limbo mode. Upon starting up, I can use the mouse to get it all the way into a non password protected XP users screen but can't do anything without the keyboard working. In the process of setting up I have had everything working earlier today but this keyboard and limbo status has been an intermitent problem. What should I try?
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599987