1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer won't turn on anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SSJ123, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSJ123

SSJ123 Thread Starter

Well, I guess I should have seen it coming, but now, it's finally happened. My computer won't start. First, I'll start of with a bit of history about it. It was bought in Holland (not by me) so I'm using an adapter to work it. It's a packard bell Imedia 6225 AIO (I think) 360 Gig, running windows 7. At first, it was fine, it was really quiet. However, last summer, it was really hot, and it started turning off at random times and it became really loud, to the point where it sounded more like a hoover than a computer. I moved it from under my desk to a more breezy area. After the heatwave had passed, the problems persisted. It would turn off seemingly randomly, but I soon realised it only turned off when I ran too much at the same time. (it was fine with it before the summer though). I didnt look too much into it because it was bearable. However, the night before it died, it was making strange grinding/stalling noises. From what i've researched, it seems to be a power supply problem. If it is, is it fixable at home? If I have to buy a new one, how do I know if it will be appropriate for my computer? Thank you very much for any help you can offer. I appreciate it.

P.S. I have opened it up and cleaned it since it died. It was a little dusty inside. It still hasn't been working, but it eliminates a dust problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1040660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice