1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer Wont turn on BIOS Freeze

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mattvo, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattvo

mattvo Thread Starter

Hello,
    Recently, my computer seemed to have crashed. It would randomly shut off while i was away and eventually never turned back on. At first it would just keep rebooting, then i would get a blue screen finally to the point where the power button on the machine did nothing, the fans wouldnt even move.
    I had an Asus P4S533 motherboard and a P4 2.0 running on XP.
    I tested the PSU and it was fine, tried another video card..nothing.
    So i figured the MB was shot, so I bought a Giga-byte GA-8VT800.
    Using the same processor on the new MB, I turned on the machine only to have it freeze in the BIOS sequence.
    It froze at the point where it recognizes the CPU and it gave me this message and then it froze:
    Health OK
    Main Processor Pentium 4 2.66
    CPUID: 0524 Patch ID:001E

...at this point it would freeze and i could do nothing.
    My processor is NOT a 2.66 but a 2.0....
    Could my CPU be fried also?
    Someone please help me out...im getting frustrated
    Thanks!
    -Matt

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/255920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice