1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

computer won't turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fendrel, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fendrel

fendrel Thread Starter

Earlier today after my wife had been gone for a little while she got back on her laptop to find it was double typing letters, she'd go to type r and it would respond with rt for example. While i was trying to fix that we ended up removing the battery on the bios screen due to it freezing up on us. Ever since then I have not been able to get it to turn back on. I've tried holding the power button for 30 seconds unplugged battery removed, windows plus b key and power key for 1 second, unplugging the cmos battery to no avail. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Its a HP pavilion g7 notebook with windows 8.

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

So with the AC adapter plugged in, what is the status of the AC adapter light?

3. fendrel

fendrel Thread Starter

normally im not sure. today since this probably there are no lights on at any time. when i try to turn it on i don't hear anything coming from inside the casing.

4. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

Even with the laptop off, you should have some kind of light indicator right next to where the ac adapter plugs in.

5. Agye

Agye

did you try to do any other thing when you were unplugging the CMOS battery?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!