1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer wont turn on

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Rado08, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rado08

Rado08 Thread Starter

Good afternoon.
    I have a Lenovo G570 laptop. I have installed windows 8 and it automatically updated. The thing however is that after a couple months I was typing a document and It told me that there wasn't enough memory to save even though there is nothing on it. I restarted and it reached to the folder that said Welcome and blinks, turns off and repeats this... I am without a Lap top since February. HELP

2. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    tap the 'F8' key a few of times while bootingup. this will take you to 'Safe Mode' options screen, or the 'Boot selection' screen.

If pressing 'F8' takes you to the 'Safe Mode' options screen, scroll down using the Up and Down arrow keys and select 'Last good configuration', then press 'Enter' and see how it goes. the pc should start from the last good set-up

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    How full is your hard drive?

Most of time when we see message it is referring to the hard drive and NOT RAM.

Also note, that if you have a small partition on your hard drive and you have been saving tings it, it will fill up real quick.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    According to its marketing specs, the Lenovo Essential G570 laptop comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

You said you installed Windows 8 in it and then it automatically updated, and you also posted in the Windows 10 forum.

Did that laptop automatically update to Windows 8.1 or to Windows 10?

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

From reading your post, I assume you mean it updated to 10. If this is not the case, then disregard the info below.
    The very first thing that just jumps out at me is that win10 is not a supported os for that laptop. The support page lists win7 and win8 [not even 8.1] as supported os. When you use an unsupported os, you are a beta tester; might work and it might not work. Since this is a laptop, you will have more problems since laptops are very proprietary. Not so much with a desktop.

6. Rado08

Rado08 Thread Starter

Thank you. I will try to revert to a windows 7.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are welcome. When you install an os, do it in the following order;
    1 Go to the support page and download ALL of the drivers you are going to need ie chipset, video, wireless, touchpad, etc. Place these on a usb type flash drive
    2 If your install dvd/usb does not have service pack 1, then download the full sp1; again place it on the flash drive. Do use a large enough flash drive
    3 Download any utilities you need ie AV, Ccleaner, etc, etc; again place these on the flash drive
    4 Now boot with your install disk and install win7
    5 Update to sp1 unless your disk already has sp1
    6 Install chipset/mb driver
    7 Install sound, nic, wireless, touchpad, etc
    8 Install video driver last
    9 Use one of the many utilities that stop the update to win10
    10 Now once that is installed, do the windows update and install all critical updates; repeat until there are no more critical updates to install
    11 Install whatever utilities you downloaded and placed on the flash drive

Done.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice