Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Computer won't turn on

Solved 
524 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  RT 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

My computer has been turning on and off by itself for some time and finally one day it just won't turn on.
I suspected that it would be an issue with the PSU but after replacing it, it still doesn't work. What do you guys think is the issue?
If else, what can do to check?

ps. i don't have much experience in computer hardware so i will not be able to run too many kinds of checks.

#3 ·
Thank you for the warm welcome!

Wouldn't be able to run the program in the system since it couldn't turn on, but here is the brief specifications
i5-2400 3.1ghz
MSI B75-IE35
8gb Curicial Ram
Galax Gtx 1060 3gb
1tb HDD 7200rpm
Thermaltake 600w(now) Hexa+ 500w(was)
Frostflow 120L (red)
RGB Fans x3

#4 ·
Oh yeah, my bad there with auto spec thing...won't work if the 'puter's not on :rolleyes:
So thank you for posting as you did.

If you're getting no response at all from that computer, it could be be the power on switch (unlikely), but right now I'm thinking it could be the motherboard.

I would replace the CMOS battery on the motherboard first, because you've already eliminated the first likely cause, the PSU.
You didn't post the brand of your system, but you should be able to find a user guide to the procedure online for your model.

#5 ·
So I think I figured out what happened.
I say I think because it wasn't a proper fix that I did, more a lucky fix.

Before I got it all working, I changed the PSU(which I mentioned earlier), removed and cleaned the motherboard's battery(didn't replace it because it was still working fine & i didn't have any on hand; tested with a multimeter).

To get it all working finally, all I did was I fiddled with the cables connecting to the case's power button that was really the issue. How dramatic!

Just leaving this here as a closure and for people who might need a reference.

Thanks @RT for the suggestions nonetheless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.