Computer wont turn on?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Legacy

Ok i just got my comp that a friend built for me and it was running fine... I put it on standby and left the house.. I get back and it is off and wont turn on... the fans will go on for like 2 seconds ocassionaly when pressing power but other than that NOTHING happens... please gimme sum suggestions

i also got sum suggestions from http://www.gotfrag.com/?node=forum&id=28099&x=5253386F

Legacy

it wont start at all it goes on for 2 seconds OCASSIONALLY and turns right off

Remove the sond card, video card, all but one stick of ram and any other expansion slot cards and try rebooting. If it does then go one by one back in until you find the probem area.

Legacy

i tried all that :( i guess its either the power supply or the motherboard is fried :/

Make certain the mobe isn't touching anywhere on the case as well.

Legacy

alright and if its not u think most likely this is a power supply problem?

unplug the computer from the wall and turn the switch off in the back on the PWS. give it about 10 seconds or so and then plug things back in. if that doesn't work it is a Power supply problem.

how can it be ram if it doesn't get that far?

Legacy

now i got it on and its sayin "CPU Overspeed" and i dont kno wat to do plz help

Reboot the pc and press the del key promptly when it starts. then look for frequencies and voltages. In here you will see the fsb and multiplier. They must be set to which the cpu will run at or lower. My guess is it is set too high.

Legacy

i have a amd 1700+ althon xp and the numbers in Delete or bios i think its called r grey so idk if i can change the voltages or w/e

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online