1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Computer wouldn't start/boot.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Naykd, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Naykd

Naykd Thread Starter

Alright before I get into any details about this problem, my computer is:

AMD Athlon 2500+
    1 GB RAM
    120GB HDD
    GeForce 5200 FX
    Gigabyte GA 7VT600 (motherboard)

I turned on my pc and I hear the CPU starting. My DVD rom drive seems to be working and I see both green and red lights on the CPU and both stay on the whole time. However nothing appears on my monitor.

Please help!

2. Flags

Flags

nayke: Do you have any way to check the output of the power supply unit? or another PSU to use?
    Also, check inside your box to be sure that the video card and memory sticks are fully seated.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to post more info.

From the age of the parts, I am assuming this is not a new build and has been running for a while. Is that correct?

Have you done anything to the system ie added or removed hardware, installed more ram, etc?

Have you moved the system lately?

4. Naykd

Naykd Thread Starter

Okay guys I've kinda tested my comp out by this dude and it seems as though the video card is damaged. So I guess other things such as RAM etc aren't affected by it.

Thanks guys

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice